Have you had surgery involving the lymphatic system, or had trauma - you are at risk of developing lymphedema.
How do you know if you have edema, water rich swelling or lymphedema, protein rich swelling.
Left untreated lymphedema will progress, swelling increases and tissues harden.
Lymphedema is a chronic, life long condition.
There are things you can do to prevent the development of lymphedema.
The sooner it is addressed the easier it is to treat and the less disruptive it will be.
Other conditions that can be successfully treated with Complete Decongestive Therapy include, chronic venous insufficiency, lipedema, post traumatic and post surgical edema, inflammatory rheumatism and fibromyalgia
Kathy Whaley PTA CLT
- Is a Certified Lymphedema Therapist, trained in the Vodder Technique and Complete Decongestive Therapy
- Completed additional, specialized training in lymphedema covering the entire spectrum of lymphedema management
- Complete Decongestive Therapy is the gold standard of treatment of lymphedema
- Give you the tools so you can successfully manage your condition beyond your sessions with us
- Can measure and fit compression garments