Pelvic floor physical therapy addresses dysfunction in the pelvic floor that can be contributing to issues such as stress or urgency urinary incontinence, pelvic pain, and prolapse. Pelvic floor PT provides insight into the strength, endurance, and coordination of the pelvic floor muscles. A whole-body perspective is taken and the therapist will correlate pelvic floor findings with other measures such as breathing pattern, core strength, posture, and muscle imbalances to fully address the impairments contributing to the symptoms.
Do you ever experience any of the following?
- Experience frequent urgency to urinate?
- Have pain with intimacy/intercourse?
- Leak urine when you cough, sneeze, laugh, run, or jump?
- Do you sometimes strain or have pain with bowel movements?
- Do you ever have pelvic pain?
- The answer is not as simple as "Do your Kegels"
What does pelvic floor PT treat?
- Stress or Urge Incontinence
- Recurring UTIs
- Pelvic Pain
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Back, Hip, Groin, or Tailbone Pain
Did you know...
ANY involuntary loss of urine is not normal even though it is very common. Many women assume a little incontinence is inevitable, especially as they age or if postpartum, but pelvic floor PT can help!
So, why trust Balanced Body Rehab with your Pelvic Floor rehab?
- Our one on one time and individualized approach.
- Our rates are on average lower than our competitors for the same appointment times.
- No gimmicks or upsells.
- No memberships packages or plans. Rather we are cash based, pay as you go practice. Allowing you the flexibility of a catered plan of care specific to your body's needs.