Want to take things to the next level? We’re here to help! At BBR, our therapists enjoy making people feel better but we love when our patients ask for more and we help them achieve their BEST! We are movement experts. We are passionate about analyzing all types of sport and activity to be able to teach our patients how to get optimal results from their body. We commonly work with dancers, swimmers, cyclists, runners, body builders, golfers, and athletes of all sorts to maximize their performance. At the same time, we enjoy helping our patients at a lower fitness level reach physical goals they never thought attainable such as picking up their grandkids, walking a 5K, or being able to stand for an entire social function. Every patient’s BIG goal is our goal and we want that success for them.
What does a performance session look like?
- Step 1: Thorough discussion with you about what it is your trying to accomplish
- Step 2: Have a conversation about what you have done and what you are currently doing to achieve your goal
- Step 3: Perform advanced postural, movement and full body strength analysis as it relates to your desired activity to identify problem areas that might impede you from reaching your goal.
- Step 4: Set realistic goals
- Step 5: Develop a concrete treatment program with objective measures to be assessed at intervals in the program to hold you accountable and measure plan effectiveness.
What about training outside your office?
- We partner with many personal trainers and performance coaches to make sure you have the resources you need real-time
- We offer consistent communication with your coach or trainer to make sure everyone is on the same page and you are getting the best possible instruction and a consistent plan.
Why should I see a physical therapist for performance?
A physical therapist has an advanced degree in how the human body moves and functions. They are the most qualified of any professional to help you achieve your goals. Here are just a few ways our PTs will help you:
- 1) Guide you in getting in your skeletal structure aligned properly so that your muscles will be at their optimal length/tension relationship poised for action.
- 2) Teach you how to get your muscles activated in the proper muscle firing sequence to prevent a leak of performance or possible injury.
- 3) Guide you on proper intensity, duration and frequency of exercise to avoid burn-out, plateaus or injury.
- 4) Perform thorough video movement analysis to detect faults that could be causing inefficiencies or potential strain.
- 5) Identify key weaknesses or restrictions that are impeding your ability.
- 6) Educate you on how to take your body to the limit without injury.